WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring FINALLY!

The weather has been great outside of Houston.


My family responds strongly to the changing of the seasons. Hands down my favorite is Spring.

Spring Cleaning- something about attacking the dust bunnies and baseboards, touching up paint assessing your nest.

Spring yard cleanup- nothing makes me happier then seeing tidy beds and greening grass. I am hooked on geraniums this last couple years. They are as close to a "sturdy" annual as I have found. I love the annuals but in general they burn up as soon as the summer hits and that will be here in a blink of an eye. My Lantana from last year is waking up and I think I will throw some sage in the beds as well. Of course I am already thinking about how many tomato plants to put in this year. I found a local farm selling heritage tomato plants and in the spirit of avoiding genetically modified species I think I will buy from them this year.

Health- Kind of a catch 22. All of us have hay fever. So I cannot throw up the windows to suck some of that fresh air in the house. What I notice is that all 4 of us and our 2 poodles are constantly finding a reason to grab some sunshine. Nothing makes you feel as alive as getting a good dose of sunshine streaming in the house. A good attitude seems to always make us feel better. Usually, by this time of the year Abby is really dragging after being overtired and sick all year at school, this year without school dragging her down I am hoping she will bounce and enjoy the spring despite the hay fever. This time of year I sorely miss the old medication called Seldane- they pulled it from the market in 1998 and since then I have had no complete relief...

Abby is doing pretty good. The new GI we found made her feel so much more optimistic and "normal". She has tried a few foods she has been avoiding, without success but not without hope. She gives it a couple days and tries another one. Fingers crossed her scope will show something insanely normal and treatable- the GI certainly felt we were on the right track thinking "Horses" before "zebras".


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo