WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

10 calorie Orange -sicle Miracle cookie!




Added a pic of the orangsicle cookie to my gallery- have not done a break down on the calorie but am sure I am inside the 10

1 bag zero calorie noodle

3 egg whites(I used 3 tablespoons of the whites scramblers instead this time which is 25 calories)

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 box of cheesecake sugar free pudding(small box, so 25 calories)

1/8 box sugar free orange jello (large box it is what I had, but 1/8 th is about 10 calories, I likely used 20 calories worth.)

1 dash salt

The big difference is, that when you mix the dry ingredients and the shirataki noodles- there was very little! So I decided to whip the egg whites stiff so that they would add more mass and bulk.. which I did - I folded the shirataki noodles that were already mixed with the other ingredients into the stiff whites- and then to the fridge for an hour. Warned, it still did not look like enough for a dozen.


These puffed up much more- so I was able to use less per cookie and spread then a little further on the sheet. I baked for 13 minutes at 375.
Here is a picture after I made the first batch of what was left- this actually made 6 cookies! :-)


These came out oddly jiggly- and the texture was alarming! like mushy marshmellow with a skin- still, I decided before I gave up I would freeze them- freezing transformed them into nice little chewy sweet orange bites! The little dab of sugar free whipped cream was not necessary-though added to the whole "cream sicle" flavor though it would add a couple calories..

I like them a lot frozen- but right out of the oven I was discouraged. Now that these batch is frozen through, I will let them thaw and see if they stay a pleasant texture, or if I just stick a popsicle stick on them and keep them frozen! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo