WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mini PB2/Chocolate Shirataki Muffins!




I really wanted to figure out how to make a peanut butter cookie with my new PB2(45 calories per 2 Tablespoons! Find out more here) but, they turned out tasty but so soft,too soft! Just did not fill my need for a crunchy,chewy or crisp peanut butter cookie.. I am not one to waste an experience and quickly figured my "peanut butter cookie" would make a better muffin!


These really turned out delicious! They reminded me a little bit of the tenderness in a cream puff.. I added one dark chocolate chip to the top before I threw them in the oven- and the flavor was magical!


PB2-Chocolate mini muffins

Preheat oven to 350.

2 bags of Shirataki traditional noodles(or miracle noodles or zero calorie brand of your choice)
3 egg whites
5 Tablespoons PB2 still in powder form.
2 Tablespoons C&H Sugar and Stevia blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt(more or less to your taste)
a handful of dark chocolate chips or semi- or you could use a raisin, a peanut? Whatever you would prefer.

Prepare your shirataki noodles as shown in the 10 calorie chocolate cookie recipe(find it here!)

Add the rest of the ingredients to your shirataki paste and blend well.

If for some reason, you did not get your shirataki noodles dry enough and your final product looks more watery then a thick pudding you can add either another tablespoon of PB2 or a teaspoon or two of powdered nofat coffee creamer. If you have dried egg white powder on hand that would work too.

I lined my mini muffin tin and each cup took approximately 1 teaspoon of batter- you will want to fill your paper better then 3/4 full as though these rise, they don't rise much. Place your dark chocolate chip and place on top and press down a bit.



Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. This recipe made 24 mini muffins. The only thing I might change would be to grease the muffin tins with Pam instead of the paper liners- the muffins seemed to stick pretty badly to my paper liners. Even then, I did not mind eating the crumbs off my liner to eat every last crumb! :-)





4 comments:

Jenna said...

I love all the recipes you are doing, I am sure they are very helpful to so many people. You are so good at experimenting, I am not at all, I have a hard time trying new things.
We also avoid soy, we always have.
Sorry I haven't been posting much on your blog, i have been reading all of your updates and I really appreciate you update most days. It is always nice to have a new blog post to read. I just have been bad at commenting lately, I think I am a little self absorbed right now with grief over Matt's recent regressions and being cooped up in the house with no end in sight. I hope I snap out of it soon.

Diane said...

Jenna, I make crazy food to keep myself entertained while I am trapped in the house! LOL I think I have spent so much time trying to make special food for her, the shirataki noodles and the treats are for everyone else in the house-

I am so sorry to hear that Matt is struggling- and I am hoping that he will bounce soon and stabilize.

How can we not be a little self absorbed or focused on our kids? I have gone through plenty of rough times too with Abby and really life in general- I tend to pull away until I feel ready to face the world again-

Hang in there!

Jenna said...

Thanks.

Amanda said...

These sound really interesting! I had some of these noodles a while ago but never used them before they expired. Perhaps I'll get some again and try them in this. I'm vegan so I'd replace the egg whites with Ener-G egg replacer. I bet it would work out just as well.
http://veganroadrunner.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo