WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pinterest




Pinterest is my current go to site. If I have a bag of lemon's needing to be used, I pop in on pinterest and search pin's on "lemons"... Out of windex? I search for homemade windex... Looking for fundraising ideas? Pinterest.

There are a number of boards with terrific Mito Awareness Pin's. With Mitochondrial Awareness Week creeping up on us in September I have been trying to decide if there is something I can create with all those great Pin's to share and help do our share to spread Awareness..


Most of the ingredients we have been researching and adding to Abby's diet just would not happen without Pinterest. From easy to tweak recipes to pin's that showcase some serious odd ingredients, the sky is the limit! The Pin's have lead me to some amazing blogs so my blog and coffee list has tripled in the last few months.


On my cornfree group, we have talked about hunting recipes on Pinterest.
On my local community recycle group, we talk about using Pinterest to create trash to treasure items.

Even my sewing group has joined the Pinterest bandwagon :-)

The only thing I have refused to pin is politics. I do a ton of that on facebook already, and there is something taboo for me about mixing my window shopping and politics :-)

Abby and Sara use Tumblr almost exclusively, and I have a profile there, but I am so addicted to Pinterest I keep forgetting to zip over there.


Every once in awhile, I will find a pin that even I am hesitant to try, either the cost or process or even end result seems so challenging or too good to be true I tend to watch to see if anyone else repin's it. Often I have wondered if anyone has tried it?

New group on facebook. Pinterest-What's hot,What's NOT. Open group, you can share the marvels and failures from Pinterest- a place where you can find out if that pin you found is worth the effort.


Our latest interest is Poppy seeds and yet again Pinterest has provided much inspiration. If you haven't tried Pinterest or Tumblr yet I highly recommend you check them out.

My next ingredient to research is Hemp- Hemp milk,Hemp protein.. I cannot wait to search the Pin's and see what I can learn! :-)

1 comments:

Circus of 6 said...

You a hemp head!! ha ha ha I personally prefer hemp milk but the kids prefer rice milk and there are four of them and one of me, so they win. I agree, it is a good thing!!! :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo