WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Good Luck to All you Back to Schoolers!


I have been watching the news, papers, facebook and it reminds me of the years my girls were in Public School and all the preparation's for that 1st Day of School.

The supplies- good heavens, the last year in Public Elementary I must have spent 600 bucks on the supplies. Then the backpacks, clothes,haircuts, Drs. appts. A serious chunk of change to go to our taxpayer schools or private school.

The emotions of anxiety,excitement. I can still remember worrying if I would like my Teacher, would I be able to find my classes? Were my clothes okay? Would I have any of my friends in my class? Who was going to like me this year? Was my hair okay?

From a Mom perspective, being up and dressed at dawn to drive them to each of their schools. Running errands, cleaning house, and being back in the carline at least 30 minutes before they got out- Abby especially needed me to be first in line. Then the running to store at 7pm for supplies for the zillion projects they seemed to need to have at the last minute, the first cold/flu within a week of school starting.. play dates, homework, cranky kids to wake up, wash and dress in the morning.. packing lunches they might actually eat but healthy too.. explaining a zillion times why they could not eat the fatty hot lunches... parent- teacher conferences,fundraisers, birthday parties.. exhausting!

Today I am thinking about all those things with all the parents as you pack them up, feed them breakfast and hope for the best.


Admittedly, a part of me misses those years. The first day of school is as memorable as any of our holidays. It is a rite of passage in America.

Then there is the other part of me, the Mom to college age kids, the Mom to kids who also home schooled, that doesn't miss it for a second!

Good luck to all the kids making it through this first day, and to all the Moms and Dads who are likely just as nervous and excited.

A little part of me is very happy that all the children will be in school again- I can shop in peace, or at least more peace then usual! :-) I am definitely appreciating this chapter in my life, and just a hair guilty I am turning into such a cranky old lady! But, while I shop in some peace this week- I will have no quilt! If I cross the path of a screaming toddler, beware, I won't be able to help myself from glaring at you for disrupting the first week of school for us old cranky ladies! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo