WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Quiche from Jamie at Circus of 6

Circus of 6 is a blog I read with coffee. Jamie writes about home schooling, family and cooking for a family with special dietary needs.

She posted this quiche(minus the dairy!) recipe the other day, and I could not believe I had never seen it before. She uses shredded potato for a crust! Immediately I thought about grating all sorts of root veggies into that crust.Then for Abby I could season ground chicken spicy or with sausage seasoning instead of bacon...truly endless possibilities. YUM! I asked and she said I was welcome to share it here too!
I love a good and versatile recipe!
Thank you Jamie! It is on the menu this week. Her post and pic's are below-


Quiche


I made quiche!!

I took two ideas and made them one.

I used one friends idea of shredded potatoes as a crust and another friends idea of crust less quiche and made potato crust quiche.

I sprayed the pan with non-stick spray, layered the potato shreds, sprinkled on bacon, and then poured on a mix of 6 eggs with green onion.





Then I put it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and voila!

Jamie






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo