WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Abby's Buckwheat Gluten Free Loaf(breadmachine)




I had promised a couple weeks ago to post this one, it is definitely a favorite around here. It is also forgiving. I have added a bit more molasses at times or more sugar..If Abby needs a little more protein I have added a bit of rice protein. I have made it with either 3 or 4 eggs, but like it better with the 4 eggs. I do always use a higher fat content coconut milk, either homemade or canned. I have spiced it like gingerbread, and it has been a faithful riser and moist. As made below it makes a nice sandwich bread. It toasts well, and freezes well, see why it is a favorite?

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cup of coconut milk
1 cup water(we used bottled crystal geyser)
4 eggs
3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
2 Tbsp apple cidar vinegar(Bragg's is the brand I use.)
2 Tbsp of maple syrup
1/3 cup organic cane granulated sugar
2 Cups buckwheat flour
2 cup gluten free baking flour(
1 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
1 Tbsp guar gum(heaping)
1 Tbsp active rise yeast

Instructions if using a breadmaker:
Add all ingredients in the order presented above(or how your breadmaker requires) into the breadmaker pan.
Select a rapid white or gluten free option. These ingredients will make roughly a 2.5 lb. loaf, and most breadmakers will have an option to select the size of your bread.


2 comments:

Jenna said...

It is nice you have a go to bread. It doesn't seem that long ago that you needed one. That sucks about the tremors. I wonder if Matt will face that all of his life too.
Are you going to sneak out of the house and visit california pizza kitchen this week? I know you have been craving real pizza and this week seems like a great excuse to get out and enjoy some :-) Yummy!

Diane said...

I wish! We have a couple appts this week, and then have to get my hubby ready for his trip to India. My hubby did print the flyer and took it them to work- someone will go :-)

I haven't had pizza in FOREVER! LOl

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo