WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chicken Jerky



I found a like new dehydrator the other night and hauled it home.

Abby only tolerates chicken for meat. There isn't a jerky anywhere on the market that is safe for her. Very few chicken jerky's out there. Those that do exist, are loaded with chemicals and contaminates for Abby. Lots of turkey, but she reacts to turkey. Of course beef doesn't agree at all.

Maybe a bit ambitious for my first use of the dehydrator but why not go in head first?

Partially frozen organic/clean chicken breast(trim off any fat)
Coconut Amino's(same idea as soy, but without the soy!)
Coconut vinegar
organic lemon juice(we keep a drawer of safe lemons)
Pink himalayan salt
sugar
ginger powder
garlic powder.

I am guilty of just throwing things in for a marinade, I keep adding this or that until I get the flavor I want.

I cut these strips with the grain(for some good chewing)as thin as I could get them.

last night around 8pm I threw them in the dehydrator, and this morning pulled them out.

NOTE: With poultry jerky it is crucial that after pulling from the dehydrator you place in oven at 200(or lower if your oven will) for 30 minutes, the jerky doesn't get warm enough in the dehydrator to kill potential bacteria.

Abby has not sampled yet, but her designated food testers; Aka brown poodle and black poodle have declared the jerky as "exceptional." :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo