WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thai inspired waffles (dairy free,corn free,gluten free, soy free)



After my trip to the market I have been online skimming various Thai, Korean, and Vietnamese recipes.

I stumbled across a Thai waffle recipe this morning. The recipe probably was enough to feed an army. It also called for fresh grated coconut and few other things I did not have on hand, so I tweaked it. :-)
These turned out lovely! Crisp on the outside and bit chewy moist almost like a popover on the inside. When I over cooked a batch they reminded me of crisp fortune cookies or waffle cones :-) Abby said they would fab for crisp dessert cookies! Will make again. Most of the gf waffle recipes call for blends of flours and usually whipped egg white, this was so much easier! Definitely a new favorite.



Abby's Mace Waffles
1 bag glutenous rice flour(green bag in my post picture yesterday and a pic at the end of this post so you know what I used it was 87 cents a bag at the market)
1 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk(or 1 can)
1 1/2 cup hot water(more a less to your liking,we liked the batter thinner)
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 dash salt
mace or flavor of your choice I added a bit of vanilla too.

Mix it up till smooth and let rest for 30 minutes. Use waffle iron. These needed longer then traditional waffles to get crisp.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo