WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chia "Flour"

At this point I think many of us have heard of chia seeds. Lots of us have used ground chia seeds and mixed with water to use as an egg substitution. When I tried chia with Abby last year we suspected it was not a safe "food." and did not try again. Last month however I discovered hairy basil seeds that though a little different perform the same as chia. Abby has tried them and done fine. Which has encouraged me to find a clean safe chia to try with her again.

I was googling and found a Chia Flour- they "process" it to remove the oils and claim it can be used like any other gluten free flour in place of wheat flour.


You know I have to try it!


Thought I would share though and see if anyone else had tried it or even knew such a thing was available. Part of project elimination has been finally exploring a zillion foods we had ignored over the years in favor of easy Western processed stuff. I have been shocked and shocked again at how delicious some of these alternatives are and how when prepared in Western style dishes you would never miss the old low nutrition and chemically saturated stuff!



Nuchia Foods has a chia flour that is mixed with organic brown rice flour and one that is 100 percent chia flour(according to their website.)



I also searched Amazon and noted a few other brands selling 100 percent chia "flour."

Nuchia appeals to me because the only thing they sell is the chia flour which reduces the likelihood of cross contamination. I will have to ask about their "processing" method to see whether that is an allergen risk.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo