WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jan's Tamarind Bites


You know when you were little and ate sweet and sour candies? That wonderful pucker up and sweet after taste you could not get enough of? That is what these tamarind bites taste like- will satisfy that sweet tooth! Plus, loaded with fab nutrition, neat texture and portable snack- how can you beat that? Oh, and no cooking!

2 Tablespoons Tamarind paste
1 teaspoon water
1 Tablespoon coconut oil

1/3 cup coconut flakes
3 Tablespoons Hairy basil seeds or chia seeds
3 Tablespoons raw honey
2-3 Tablespoons protein powder(I use MLO rice protein)
dash of pink himalayan salt

You want to melt the coconut oil and get it warm. Add it to the paste. Also add 1 teaspoon hot water. (you can microwave if you aren't opposed). Mix it well- sticky but keep going- it will turn into a paste.(the more water you use the more protein powder you will need.)

Add the honey and mix into the tamarind, coconut oil, and water paste.(sticky, but stir away!)

Add 3 tablespoons of basil seed or chia seed

Add 1/3 cup finely shredded coconut and dash of pink himalayan salt.

Now add rice protein. I had to mix it by hand- grease your hands with coconut oil! This stuff is sticky! Add enough rice protein powder to make the dough firm enough to roll into balls. I had to wash my hands and add more coconut oil to my hands to roll these- did I say they are sticky?

Feel free to tweak- add a bit more honey, or less.. like it sour? Add more Tamarind. I tried to measure as I went, but I admit I tend to add to taste on no-cook items.

Keep in fridge.

If I had any more coconut flakes on hand I would have rolled the balls in the coconut flakes.

Thinking you could add just about anything you love into these!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo