WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

StarFruit and Kidney Disease

We are constantly on the look out for new foods to try with Abby. She is so limited on fruits that we have brought all sorts of unique fruits home over the past year. One that I kept meaning to grab was the starfruit. I have seen it but avoided it since I don't do well with many tropicals. I was planning to bring one home for Abby to try, she seems to tolerate more fruits then I do. Also, it was listed on one my low histamine lists as a safer fruit to try for those with histamine intolerances.

I was browsing this morning for nutritional values on the starfruit, and quickly ran across information warning those with kidney disease to avoid this fruit!


We had no idea! A study here through PubMed.gov : Mechanisms of star fruit-induced acute renal failure.

I did a few more google searches and again and again found lots of warnings for those with kidney disease.


We won't be trying that one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo