WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Chicken Parmesan(Dairy -free, tomato-free, soy-free, corn-free, gluten-free, nut and seed free,)


It can be done, and it actually turns out very well with our alternative approaches. So well in fact, that we all look forward to this dish, and all wish I had doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers. At this point, this is what I consider an "easy and fast" meal. I have tons of containers of my roasted red pepper sauce in the freezer. I have vacuum sealed butchered chicken breasts, and I always have nofu(chickpea tofu) and coconut yogurt in my fridge. The fake cheese I make by combining the nofu and yogurt I generally have on hand as well. For me, this is just a matter of assembly.



4 Chicken breasts

1 cup homemade gf shake and bake(3/4 cup gf flour 1/4 fine gf bread crumbs,salt,pepper, basil,oregano,)

1 egg well beaten with a teaspoon of water.(this could be subbed easily for egg allergy with just water,or safe milk)

Grapeseed oil in a Mister(love these, you put whatever oil you use and it is like a home made No-stick spray)

1 1/2 cups of my roasted red pepper Italian red sauce(just roasted red pepper,onion,garlic, seasoning cooked and pureed,I freeze a ton of it.)

1 cup Nofu/yogurt cheese(combine 2 parts coconut yogurt to 1 part nofu in blender. When smooth pour into yogurt cheese basket lined with muslin. Allow to drip for a few hours at room temp. Place in fridge overnight. In morning if it is still too soft, place on counter and allow to drip for a few more hours and place back in fridge. The next morning should have a firm almost, crumbly cheese.

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning(oregano, basil, parsley,fennel if you like,marjoram as well as option)

PreHeat to 375

Directions:

1) Pound out the chicken breasts

2) pour the homemade shake and bake into a large gallon ziplock. Dip the breasts into the beaten egg and then place in the ziplock with the shake n bake blend. Shake till breasts are covered.

3) Place chicken breasts into a well greased pan(9 x13 cake pan works well). Spritz the top of the chicken breasts with the grapeseed oil- this allows the flour/bread crumb to turn golden and crisp while being oven baked.

4) Bake for 30 minutes at 375

5) while baking I season the nofu/yogurt cheese. I mix the 1 teaspoon of italian spice into it. Mixing helps warm it up so it is more smooth instead of crumbly. If you over drained it and it is too crumbly, add a few drops of water or safe milk till it is smooth.

6) After 30 minutes remove chicken breasts from oven, pour the roasted red pepper italian sauce around and over the breasts. Spoon the nofu/yogurt cheese across the top of each breast. Place back in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or till sauce and cheese are well heated.

7) While waiting make noodles of choice.

8) Place each cooked breast and some sauce on a bed of noodles. Done.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That looks really good! It is nice you have an easy delicious go to meal!

Anonymous said...

http://backtoherroots.com/2011/09/27/chickpea-and-flaxseed-homemade-pasta-vegan-gluten-free/
Saw this and thought of you...winks

Havent tried it but am gonna...that and this one...Good job lady!!!

Diane said...

Ah ha! Ty for that link and remembering us! Just booked marked it, if it turns out I will post about it for sure!

Love our Chickpeas! :-)

Anonymous said...

If you get a chance....you might look at at this...I have one similar and I use the heck out of it to make bean flours and oat flours or whatever kind I need...just won't do seeds and oily or wet things like seed and tapioca.
http://www.amazon.com/Blendtec-52-601-BHM-Kitchen-60-Ounce-Electric/dp/B002LLOKBG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_2

Also am in the midst of making noodles...they did take a lot more eggs well in this case flax but not sure if it is because we soak, sprout and then toast our beans first...may make the flour drier... Doin that is a lot more work...but makes the beans so much easier on the guts.

Diane said...

I have really been wanting to by an electric grain mill- that one has been at the top of my list! There were a couple others but I just did not know which one would handle the beans as well at the grains.. I will place that one at the top of my amazon cart :-)
I am guessing the flax- I would guess sprouting and grinding, would not change it as much as the flax egg? Just guessing! :-)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo