WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Mashed Potato Waffle(Gluten free, dairy free, soy free,nut free,seed free)

Abby has been reacting to yeast(we think) so I am playing with some replacements for bread for various dishes. Luckily, she does very well with potato's and potatoes are a favorite and staple in our home.

I am thrilled with these, light and crisp(the inside reminds me of cream puffs) I think I may use them for breakfast waffles next(just adding a little sugar and removing the pepper and reducing the salt). These reheat well which makes them even better as I can make them in advance and freeze.




2 cups prepared mashed potatoes(I mash Abby's with coconut yogurt)
2 large eggs
1 cup rice(or milk of choice) milk(homemade rice milk- there is NO completely corn-free store bought rice milk)
3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour
½ teaspoon baking powder(Hain's or homemade)
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt(still using pink himalayan)
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grape seed oil(TJ's)


Mix it all together and warm up the waffle iron- that easy. I do recommend making sure your waffle iron is very well greased and hot. I disregarded the light on the waffle maker, and instead waited until there was little to no steam left. If you try to remove these too soon, they will split apart. Better to let them go a little longer then you think.


I served these with chicken sloppy joe sauce(red pepper sauce instead of tomato sauce). (chicken and waffles!) A fun and tasty replacement for gluten free bread.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found this and thought of you....we are using this also.
http://nanciswell.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/saccharomyces-boulardii/#comment-168
Christmas blessings to you all!
Aliyanna

Diane said...

Merry Christmas and many blessing to you and yours as well Aliyanna! As usual, thank you for the great information! You always help me find the next step in our journey! Oh, and I am all fido all the time, hands down my favorite to use! :-)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo