WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is just extra important in our home. I think in many families with chronic illnesses Christmas has extra meaning.


We can step back and appreciate the joy, love and serenity that the holidays should bring. Our family feels "normal" for a couple days in that we appreciate the same meaning as those who live so very differently then we do. This holiday evens out the playing field.



For us, we step back and give thanks that Abby has done so well. Give thanks that we continue to seek ways to heal her, and not just accept anything less. We never throw in the towel. We fight. That we have the energy and stubborn spirit to do it.


I am grateful that I can keep Abby safely at home. I am grateful that I have the passion and energy to come up with some seriously insane, though tasty food options to keep her system happy. That all of us work so hard to keep her entertained and healthy at home to avoid germs and reactions, and she is thriving. I am grateful that I not only love my family, but I truly enjoy their company above anyone else. Grateful for Derek and his love for all of us. Especially grateful for Sara, she is friend,daughter, and Abby's and my best support. We are so gifted to be a strong and loving family, above all else.


We are fortunate.


My heart goes out to Justina imprisoned at Boston Children's Hospital and I hope this will be the last holiday she is kept so cruelly from her loving family.

My heart goes out to those stuck in the hospital or separated from their families. (My thanks to our Active Duty!)

My heart goes out to the families who have lost a child, sister,brother, Mother or Father this year.


Merry Christmas and hope everyone's New Year brings good health and good fortune.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo