WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crumble Topping for Everything! (gluten free,corn free, soy free, egg free, nut and seed free, )


You know that delicious crumbly topping that you get on the top of a dutch apple pie? That is exactly what this stuff is, but better.

This is better because it comes with no pie. I bake a cookie sheet of this stuff up nice and crunchy and store in an airtight container. We sprinkle it on ice cream,yogurt,fresh fruits, or I am guilty of nibbling on all by itself.

So incredibly easy. I now and then crave pie but going through the motions of rolling out gluten free crust isn't something I am always in the mood to do. Or in the mood to clean up! This was I get that sweet and crunchy on my fruit and no mess! Oh and fast too!


TOPPING:
1/2 c. coconut oil(Tropical Traditions or what is safe for you)
1/2 c. brown sugar(we use domino's)
1 c. gluten free all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt(try 1/2 teaspoon, we happen to like it a little saltier so use a full teaspoon of pink himalayan salt)


Preheat oven to 325

In bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut coconut oil into flour mix. I use my hands to really work it so that it will clump together in nice little lumps.


I line a cookie sheet with tinfoil,parchment is fine too. Sprinkle your "lumps" across the cookie sheet(no need to grease the sheet). I try not to have too many big lumps or all little ones as they do melt together a bit and if the lumps are too big them won't bake all the way through when the rest is done(this is to fix though, I find the half cooked big lumps are quite tasty!)

Bake for 25-30 minutes. (Doesn't hurt to check on it around 20, depending on the size of your lumps,it may bake faster.)

Let it cool and break apart. Store in airtight container.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long do you bake it normally? It sounds delicious. Thank you.

Diane said...

Thank you for telling me! :-) I have found errors weeks later, and wished someone had told me :-) I use this for my own "cookbook" for Abby, and I would have read that recipe and wondered " Now, how long did I bake those for?"
Thanks again!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo