The Rash is back and she felt just terrible last night. Laying on the couch she looked like she has been run over by a semi truck. UGH.
Kidneys, muscle,joint and overwhelming fatigue/weakness, just tuckered out. The heart racing and weird drops in heart rate weren't as bad last night though.
So, either "corn" which is in the ingredients(derived from corn ingredients) of both brands she has tried, or the Protein itself. I say Corn.
I cannot even explain exactly how badly corn can damage those allergic or reactive or intolerant to it- horrid stuff.
For now it doesn't matter- ALL of the IVIg and SubQ have corn in them and of course protein- so doesn't matter which is the guilty party, she cannot tolerate it. 72 hours and more of feeling scary bad is not okay, no way she could tolerate this long enough for the treatment to work, her body would tucker out way before her willpower.
On one hand, we are very glad we tried it this final time with a different brand, it would have always bothered us if we did not fully explore her options.
On the other hand, I hate, hate, hate to see her so sick because of a treatment. So far, every single attempt at any med,vitamin,supplement Abby's body just seems to react even more violently. We cannot "assume" that there isn't 1 treatment out there that might help her, so each time we try something new we know that statistically this is what we will get, but we are always hopeful we will find the 1 treatment her body will take to like a duck to water.
If this goes anything like last time, she will go back and forth between feeling like she is dying and not feeling too bad for the next few days and the stuff works itself through her body.
A week or so and she should be better.
Until then, rest, fluids, safe easy foods..
Then we regroup and decide which direction to take next. We know there is something out there that will help, just gotta find it.