WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baby Bok Choy Bites




Baby Bok Choy Bites:
Usually I peel the outer leaves off the baby bok choy and either saute the center whole for a side, or chop to throw into soup. But, I always felt a little bad about not using the outer leaves. They reminded me of little cabbage leaves, which of course made me think of cabbage rolls- and the baby bok choy bite was born.


The filling is:
1 pd cooked ground chicken
4 cloves sauteed garlic
2 inches of sauteed ginger
red pepper flakes(to taste)
1 cup cooked brown rice(optional, any finally minced veggie is great)
an egg(to bind)
salt and pepper to taste

I sauteed it all together first because bok choy steams and cooks very quickly, so I knew the chicken would not have a chance to safely cook through. I threw the egg into the cooked filling to make sure the filling would bind together.

The bok choy leaves I simply cut the stem off and and used a toothpick(not safe for the very corn sensitive!)to secure them. I steamed them in the rice cooker basket for 10 minutes.

I made a quick dipping sauce of a bit of sugar,coconut amino's, red pepper flakes,coconut secrets vinegar. Of course it wasn't a really great snack until I added in some gluten free green onion pancakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo