WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gluten Free WonderMill Bread( dairy free, soy free, nut free)


Grinding my own grains/seeds for gluten free bread made me feel a little bit like Henny Penny. Not a bad thing at all! Now to just start growing my own too! :-) For this loaf I ground white rice,brown rice and Teff. (I also use potato starch and tapioca starch in my blend)

Overall, I love my WonderMill. It makes pretty much "instant" flour. It has 3 options for texture of your flour. Coarse,Bread, and pastry.
I find the "bread' option(recommended) for texture is a little coarse for making a soft white bread. So for a soft white bread I use the Pastry option.


The WonderMill does a terrific job of grinding so fast, and it is very tidy! So, far I am absolutely thrilled with my investment.


I may have shared this bread recipe before, but I have been slowly trying the psyllium husk powder instead of using guar gum to see how I like it. So far it is working well. With this loaf I did half guar gum and half psyllium powder. Nice and tender. Unfortunately, Abby is still avoiding yeast so she wasn't able to give this loaf a try. Derek thought it was wonderful though and with a loaf of this around he doesn't miss gluten at all!


3 eggs
1 tablespoon Braggs apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
1 1/2 teaspoons pysllium husk powder
3 cups all purpose gluten free flour blend
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1 tablespoon active dry yeast

Place in order into pan from the bread machine. (or in the order of the manufacturer's directions) I mixed my coconut milk and yogurt together before I poured them in.

If you have a bread maker that has a gluten-free option use that. On the Zojirushi breadmaker I used the basic function and dark crust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is your mill doing? I need a new one...have a little k-tec that doesn't do beans and is quite slow about doing most anything else. Does it do the garbanzo beans well?

Diane said...

Yes, it does chickpeas though I haven't tried it yet. It has a very easy to add adaptor for either tiny grains(teff,etc) tapioca, and chickpeas. I was planning on trying the chickpea's this week, will post a picture. The only thing it won't do are oily things like nuts and some seeds. Check out this website, it shows the WonderMill in action. http://willitgrind.com/ It grinds shockingly fast, and I love the completely contained container.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo