WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Filling that makes all Cookies Wonderful


I made some carob cookies that I have been tweaking the recipe and they turned out just a touch salty and a touch dry. I figured I could make some marshmallow creme to pipe for a filling, but then as I was tasting the cookie the little bit of saltiness reminded me a whole lot of an oreo.


So some "fake Oreo cookie filling" seemed like the perfect thing to fix my less then perfect cookies.


We have decided this "filling" is officially our goto filling for every iffy batch of cookies or for that matter every batch of cookies we make. :-)


Easy, fun and the kids can help.

"Fake Oreo Cookie Filling"

3 1/2 cup corn free powdered sugar(I make our's but if you have some store bought you trust is cornfree it works great too.)
1/2 Tablespoon granulated sugar(domino's)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract(homemade using potato vodka and vanilla beans)
1/2 cup palm shortening(Spectrum or Tropical Traditions)
2 Tablespoons HOT water

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and start mixing. I used a hand mixer and had a tough go of it, but it did blend. This stuff will be very thick. It will surprisingly roll into a ball with ease. If it is too sticky, add a bit more powdered sugar. If it is too crumbly add a touch more hot water.

You take about a tablespoon(or more depending on the size of the cookie)and roll it into a ball. flatten it slightly between your palms and place on your cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together.- Done!

3 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

I love cookie sandwiches like that! I wish you were my neighbor...I'd be over at your house begging for your food! ;)

Kat said...

You left out the measurement for the vanilla extract-is that tsp? Thank you this recipe sounds perfect for me.

Diane said...

Kat, thank you for catching that! It is 1/2 teaspoon. :-) I went ahead and fixed it.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo