WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Abby's Twice Baked Potatoes




For as long as I can remember twice baked potatoes were always part of a holiday meal. When I met Derek he quickly agreed that they should be part of our holiday table as well.


In order to make them safely for Abby we have "tweaked" things a bit, but they are still just as delicious. We tried them with just the coconut yogurt(mashed potato!) and then lacked that richness of the regular twice baked. Adding the egg helped create a new texture with that richness the original recipe offered.

Abby's Twice Baked Potatoes

5 organic potatoes, baked .
3 Heaping Tablespoons fullfat coconut yogurt(maybe more or less depending on how you make yours)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 beaten egg
Pink Himalayan salt
paprika(simply organic, or penzey's)


1) Make sure your potatoes are baked completely. While still hot(I wear oven mitts!) I cut in half and carefully spoon out the potato putting the insides into a bowl.


2) add beaten egg, teaspoon of coconut oil, salt to taste, and 2 Tablespoons of coconut yogurt and whip until smooth. You want this a touch thicker then regular mashed potatoes. If you make them too thin they will kind of rise and then go flat after baking the second time. They still taste great but the presentation isn't as pretty.


3) I pipe(or spoon) the potato mix back into 8 of the 10 potato skins. I like mine really full and have found that sometimes my potato filling won't fill all 10 the way I would like, so I simply bake an extra potato for the extra filling. I then sprinkle a little paprika across the top.


4)Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until slightly puffy and lightly golden brown.(They will dry out if you overbake)



I usually make these 1 or 2 days before Thanksgiving. After I fill the potato skins and sprinkle with paprika I cover and keep in the fridge. Then about 2 hours before dinner I place them on the counter to get them to room temperature and then bake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo