WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

GingerBread Men- (gluten free, dairy free, corn free, soy free, )



I have admitted before that I am the WORST at decorating! Now that I am very limited in what I can decorate with, you would think I would work a little harder, but between my tremors and my lack of interest, decorating just isn't my thing! I have no shame, but they sure taste amazing! :-)


We love this recipe for gingerbread men. It rolls well, bakes well and holds up well. I usually make a huge batch and keep them sealed airtight without decorations and only decorate as needed. These will bake well enough to use as a tree decoration(rather eat them!)

1/2 cup palm shortening(Tropical Traditions)
1/2 cup sugar(Domino's or C&H Organic cane sugar)
1/2 cup organic blackstrap molasses(plantation brand)
1 egg*
3 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon guar gum
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger( I dehydrate and grind our own now. )
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves( Simple Organic, Penzey's or grind your own from whole cloves)
1/2 teaspoon salt(I use pink himalayan)

1. In a large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy and light. Add molasses and egg and beat until thoroughly combined.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together gluten free flour,guar gum, baking soda, ginger, cloves, and salt.

3. Add dry ingredients to shortening mixture to form a dough.

4. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for around 1 hour.

5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

6. Roll out each half of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper(flour the parchment and flip the dough to lightly cover both sides with flour as it often sticks) into 1/2-inch thickness.

7. Place cookies in preheated oven and bake 7 to 10(depending on thickness) minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet before removing.

1 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

I love these! And I think they're super cute! :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo