WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Gluten Free Rosette's (dairy free, corn free, soy free, nut free )


These were easy to make them gluten free. Honestly, I think the gf flour made a far more delicate and crisp cookie- every once in awhile gluten free just works better. On the bottom of the post I included a picture of one without the powdered sugar, you can see the wonderful delicate bubbling and some were nearly translucent.

I found mine kept slipping off the mold in the oil and I had to fish them out with a fork. So they are a little bent but fine otherwise. Not sure if my temperature was off a bit or the fact that it was a brand new rosette mold or the gluten free flour? Did not bother us one bit.

If you have other safe flavor extracts you could flavor them to your liking. Or if you have safe colors you can color them. Honestly though just the white powdered sugar always reminds me of snowflakes and makes my life a little less complicated.


Fried cookies, well who can resist? :-)


Gluten-Free Rosette Cookies:



1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
1 cup coconut milk or rice milk(I make my coconut milk from tropical tradition flakes usually)
1/2 teaspoon salt(I use pink himalayan, but use your safe salt)
3 teaspoons sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract(potato vodka and vanilla beans)

Oil or Shortening to fry them in. (I used grapeseed oil and it worked, you could use Tropical Traditions coconut oil or Palm shortening)

(corn-free powder sugar to sprinkle on top, I used a sifter for a fine sprinkle, my homemade tends to clump)

Mix all together until very smooth(I threw mine in a blender)

Pour into a bowl(I picked one that was flat bottomed)

Follow the directions that come with your rosette maker(here on Amazon)




Compared to wheat these were more delicate and tended to come off the mold in the oil(might have been my oil or temp too!) so have a fork on hand to fish them out and place on a towel to drain.


I wait until they are drained and cool before sifting sugar on them.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Do these need to be eaten the day they are made, or can they be made a few days in advance?

Diane said...

I just ate one, and still very crisp, but definitely better the first day but anything fried is always better the first day. :-) So it has been a full 24 hours. With fried cookies you leave them uncovered at room temperature. They will get soggy if covered or placed in the fridge. So they could be made the day before.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo