WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Spritz Cookies: gluten free, dairy free, corn free, nut free,



Let the Christmas Cookie baking begin!!

I haven't made spritz cookies in many years. Mostly because it seemed all I could ever find was a plastic cookie press and no matter how I tried they seemed to break. My cookies always pressed out weird and I just gave up. Last year when I hit a thrift store I spotted an all metal cookie press(sawsa brand old vintage good one) and for a couple bucks I dragged it home. I found it this weekend and decided I would try my hand at a safe version for Abby. I have to say it was easier then years past and not sure if I am just getting more patient or using coconut oil made the process easier! These really are delicious and provide that lovely rich, and delicate and crisp cookie you want when you think spritz cookie.

When I was playing with the dough I tried it without the water, and the dough was just too stiff. Once I added some water and softened the dough it was much easier to work with and did not seem to harm the texture of the cookie in the end. You want a soft dough, not a batter. I did freeze my cookies for a few before baking to prevent spreading. I should have tried one without chilling but too many times in the past when baking with gluten free and coconut oil I find they spread without chilling first so I just did it "right" the first time.




2/3 cup C&H organic cane sugar

3/4 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut oil

1 egg

2 teaspoons homemade vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt(or whatever salt is safe for you)

2 cups all purpose gluten free flour

1 Tablespoon water


Preheat ove 400

1)In bowl cream sugar,coconut oil, egg,vanilla and salt.

2) blend flour into cream mixture.

3) add water. You want a dough that is soft but not a batter.

4)pack your cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.

5)Chill in freezer for about 5-10 minutes.

6)Bake chilled cookies for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from cookie sheet.


* You can sprinkle a little sugar on the cookies before baking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo