WARNING: the foods we cook for Abby are safe for her, but not necessarily for everyone. Please confirm any ingredients are safe for you before using in your diet. Food Allergies can kill and the best policy is complete avoidance. Read this post for more info.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Lima Bean Pancakes


Lima bean and sweet potato pancakes, and I am so glad I tried this combination! We are die hard potato pancake fans and I hate to admit it but these might become the preferred! That good.

Crisp on the outside, like a souffle on the inside!


I used to hate lima beans. Then I bought an electric pressure cooker and now lima beans are a favorite around here. They turn out so creamy and buttery in the pressure cooker they are nothing like the grainy horror we were all tortured with as children. Now and then though I overcook a batch and end up with mush. Which means I am always looking for a way to use pureed beans.

Right now it is sweet potato season and if I do things right on Thanksgiving I anticipate a large amount of leftover mashed sweet potato. I am already planning how to stack these pancakes with leftover stuffing, chicken(no turkey here) etc.

The bean's keep the middle creamy and souffle like and we even ate them plain and were impressed. Down the road I may try adding various herbs or making a spicy coconut yogurt sauce to spread on them. We sampled them with pear sauce, thumbs up.

Abby thankfully does fine with white potatoes, but I know many who do not. We are also always looking for ways to deliver protein to Abby since she has limited protein in the foods she tolerates. I suspect you could use any flour since the flour is for thickening more then binding.


1 1/2 cups pureed lima beans
1 cup mashed sweet potato(a few lumps are fine)
2 eggs
1/2 cup homemade gluten free flour
1 teaspoon homemade baking powder
salt


Tropical Traditions coconut oil for cooking.(or safe for you fat or oil)


You may need a touch less flour or more, my batter was thick like thick brownie batter.


Mix all ingredients together. In frying pan add oil and cook as you would potato pancakes. (medium/low heat, since these are thick they do take a bit longer to cook)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Abby Mito. Powered by film izle film izle favoriblog blogger themes izle harbilog jigolo